Saturday, January 21, 2012

UNMEDICATED IDIOT



Long ago in about 1995, when I first put my Journal online, some dear soul read an item that offended his high toned scholarly mind. He thus sent me mail in which he tore me to shreds in the most lofty and aggravated manner.


His conclusion was, "You are an unmedicated idiot." 


I believe the child was so brilliant, with a throbbing massive intellect, that he had no time to pay attention to spelling, so he used a spell checker. Wise move no doubt, but I think when the drop box gave him a list of choices, he was so eager to slap me into submission, that he poked the wrong word. I believe he intended to choose "unmitigated," but alas, these are troubled times.


I wrote back and assured him that I was indeed "medicated" and take my pills very faithfully every day.


So, on this blog I intend to deal with some of those topics that result in the most responses from intellectuals who thrash me regularly. This will give you pause to chuckle, or you may write in your own words and tell me where to get off.


Keeping you all busy and annoyed.


Steve Van Nattan
Texas


1 comment:

  1. I would say "unmedicated" is the appropriate word, assuming the medication in question is an antipsychotic.

    ReplyDelete